Wednesday, May 19, 2010

5 Months



Well. It's been 5 months since I posted anything. Although some days can seem never ending and mind numblingly slow, its the end of freaking May 2010! Crap.

So I'm going to hit the highlights of the blur that is the last 5 months and make this blog UTD.

  • I passed my CV module! Yee-haw! The testing was a grueling 2 hour oral exam — well, grueling may be a bit melodramatic. But it was stressful but now it's done! And ironically, while I was actually doing my training to be a CV nurse I rarely got heart patients. Now that I passed it's all I get. Don't understand their training methods or staffing methods. And to be honest, I don't think there's much rhyme or reason to much the PICU does sometimes. But whateves. Working there pays the bills.
  • Did my first 25k (15.5 miles) run and a trail run at that! Had a great time except for the crippling stomach cramps that had me doubled over in pain for most of the last 2 miles.

  • I went to Mexico with Staci in March! It was fabulous. We had perfect weather and got massages on the beach. In a word: awesome

  • I came home from vay-cay to a flooded basement and lived in chaos for the next 2 months



  • My little jewelry business is holding its own. It's paying for itself and a little more. Which is exactly what I hoped for.
  • But most importantly and tragically, I watched my dear friend Carrie "McT' Carroll be diagnosed and then pass away from leukemia. That's all I'm going to say about that now because Carrie deserves her own post. I'm speaking at the funeral on Friday and will create a post just for her after that.

Just shows that a LOT can change in 5 months. So live in the present and enjoy all the gifts of life that surround you! You just never know when they won't be there any more. Love and miss you, McT.

0 comments:

Post a Comment